Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Phoenix Danske - life with a Pharaoh Puppy

Phoenix was born January 22, 2009, a day after Nazca, my fifteen month old Pharaoh Hound died bitten by a black widow spider in Mexico. Puppies grow so fast and I decided to write a little each time possible about the beauty of raising a puppy, and the rewards of raising a Pharaoh Hound.
Phoenix and Nazca in reality belong to my boyfriend, and my dog is KanLoo, the first Kelb tal-Fenek in the family, he was born May 21, 2007.
Phoenix so far has been a good puppy. I remember first time Nazca came to the house, in december 2007, KanLoo was still a pup, 7 months old, and it was the first time I had 2 puppies at the same time. KanLoo till that point was a sweet quiet dog, Nazca came like a hurricane, barking, wrestling, bitting, playing all day, and remember well having the feeling of making a mistake by taking another puppy, thinking he was mean to my dog and that he was going to try to dominate him. He was always barking at KanLoo, so he finally learn to bark!
So now that Phoenix does all these things again to my pup, I don't freak out thinking that he is being mean, he is just being a puppy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment